REGISTRATIONS - INFO
Registrations are made exclusively on the official Serra da Estrela Granfondo website, through the Stop and Go platform, here.
The registration will only be considered valid after payment, within the established period and through the payment methods provided at the end of the registration form.
Registration is open until midnight of June 25th 2022.
After the closing date, the organization may provide a few more registrations, in limited numbers and with an additional cost..
Athletes registered after registration closes will not have their personalized bib (name and nationality) nor will they have the official t-shirt included in their participant kit.
Registration is limited to a maximum of 1,200 participants.
Aligned with the organizations of some of the most important sporting events in the world, the organization of Serra da Estrela Granfondo is following the evolution of the global health situation and the conditioning that may still exist in 2022 related to massive events.
We believe that to limit the number of participants is the most adjusted and effective measure to match the good experience offered to participants with the health rules compliance that may still be necessary at the time of the event. The maximum limit of participants on the 2022 edition of Serra da Estrela Granfondo will be 1.200.
However, this total number of places will be made available in phases, with the gradual opening of registration slots. Registrations open with a first slot of just 600 places. The opening of the following slots will depend of the evolution of the situation.
Registrations have a different cost, according to the following registration stages:
(24.11.2021 – 24.05.2022)
(25.05.2022 – 25.06.2022)
(exclusive - Portuguese Cycling Federation)
NON FEDERATED ATHLETES *
(Portuguese Cycling Federation)
* - Includes license for one day issued by the Portuguese Cycling Federation, which includes personal accident and civil liability insurance.
- Participation in the event, with all the organization, logistic and legal support
- Official T-Shirt of the Event
- Frontal plate (see the Art. of these rules)
- Solid and liquid recoveries.
- Mechanical assistance during the race (see the Art. of these rules)
- Medical assistance during the race
- Offer and transport of a personalized bag to keep a set of substitute clothes at the summit
- Personal Accident and Liability Insurance included in the Portuguese Cycling Federation One Day License (mandatory for non-federated athletes)
- Photographic coverage - with photos available on the event's official Facebook page.
- Time control with chip and the final results for times and categories.
- Finisher medal offer
- Showers (if the health rules in force at the time of the event allow it)
- Pasta Recovery - (replacement snack food at the finish)
- Personal Diploma of participation (with time reference) *
* This document is issued only in digital format and is available for download on the official website after the event.
At the time of registration, the athlete can choose, as an extra, to subscribe to the Premium Registration. This registration has an additional cost of 60.00 €, including in addition to the standard registration, the offer of the Official Jersey of the event and access to the race in the front starting corral (Premium Box). Premium registrations are limited to a maximum number of 100 athletes.
Athletes who subscribe to Premium Registration until midnight of May 25th 2022, are guaranteed the delivery of the Official Jersey at the event Race Office. Athletes who subscribe to the Premium Subscription after May 25th, the Official Jersey will receive the officail Jersey by post or by carrier on the address indicated to the organization for this purpose.
In case of withdrawal, if it starts from the initiative of the participant and communicated to the organization by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until midnight on the June 2nd 2022, 50% of the amount paid for registration will be returned to the participant. If the withdrawal is communicated after the 24 hours of June 2nd 2022, no refund will take place.
An already confirmed registration of a withdrawing athlete may be transferred to another substitute athlete, provided that this replacement is communicated to the organization by email (email@example.com) until June 20th, 2022.
The departure for Granfondo and Mediofondo is made simultaneously, with the participants being distributed in the star corral with the following order and designations:
Premium Box - Guests and Premium Subscriptions (limited to 200 athletes)
Box A – Bib numbers from 1 to 199
Box B - Bib numbers from 200 to 399
Box C - Bib numbers from 400 to 599
Box D - Bib numbers from 600 to 799
Box E - Bib numbers from 800 to 999
Box F - Bib numbers from 1,000 to 1,200
The distribution of participants by the starting corrals is done in order of confirmation of registration.
In the registration form, athletes indicate whether they participate individually or if they do so as part of a team. In the final publication of the results there will be a classification by teams. The best team qualified is the one that first brings 3 of its members to the end. To compete for the team trophy, a team must have at least 3 elements at the start and finish line.
The registration of a team does not incur any additional costs to the registration of the athletes that compose it.